Science in the City is an annual event taking place not only in Valletta, but in another 320 cities around the world. This will be the seventh anniversary of marriage between the arts and science. Science in the City, the brainchild of Dr. Edward Duca is now fixed in Maltese cultural calendar.
The message of this year’s event is that everyone starts from zero. Even experts started with no knowledge whatsoever. We encourage everyone and anyone to visit and start or continue to understand, admire and discuss the world around them.
The QA with the folks handling the PR for this event was amazing so I’ll leave it as is, and you can see the entirety of it here.
Here’s a small TL;DR for whoever is lazy in his reading.
Words of Osiris Note: The shows featured are those that cropped up in our Question and Answer session, and should only be taken as suggestions. Feel free to wander around the stands and shows, especially those featured as main events! (Use the App)
1. Crowd Favourite: Standing on the Shoulders of Giants
- Map with show time schedules and age appropriateness.
- Listed Transport arrangements, to avoid parking hassles.
- Interactive Map of all the restaurants offering a Science in the City discount, great for drinkers and foodies.
Words of Osiris Note: After installing the App myself I could only see two fast food chains advertised around the main show area. The only true restaurant is out-of-the-way, at the Valletta Waterfront. Hope they won’t be the only ones. #moreandhealthieroptions
3. Not for Kids only:
- Talking Science at Palazzo Ferriera (Facebook event) features topics such as blockchain, biohacking, gender assignment and terrorism amongst others.
- Honourable mention: Ro-Botanicals: mixing plant tech with delicious cocktails + talks about the future of food.
4. Theatrical and Musical spectacles:
Once again the full Question and Answer can be found by hitting this link
This blog post is in no way sponsored and has no affiliation with the Malta’s Science and Arts Festival organisers.
Featured Image: European Science Engagement Association