My unproclaimed new year resolution was to stop dreaming and start doing.
I always had thoughts and opinions about everything happening around me that I wanted to share and so, even though I’m an average writer, I plunged in the world of blogs. Knew about WordPress, read a guide or two and off I went with writing posts.
This nomination was like lightning in clear skies. For this, I really want to thank and recommend the ‘Mum failing at life‘ blog. Pinx, you’re doing such a great job with your blog. Your page inspires me and drives me forward.
The Liesbster Award works as a chain of referrals where if you get nominated you have to answer eleven questions and nominate another eleven bloggers to answer your eleven questions. Lots of elevens but only one winner would be announced at the end of the year.
- If you had the chance to have a conversation with someone from your past or present, who would it be? Why? And what would you say?
That must be my grandpa. He was a great man, who was a good husband, father, grandpa and is still remembered by many. A man with many talents and that was involved in one too many past-times. Would be great if I could tell him what I’ve been up to and ask him for advice.
2. If you could do something without risk, fear or consequences , what would it be?
Leave my full-time job and emigrate. While I love both my job and my country, I do think the grass is greener elsewhere. But we all think that don’t we?
3. If you could live a day in someone else’s shoes, who would it be and why?
A day is too short a time to get the feel of anything happening in someone’s life. Nonetheless I would still swap shoes with my mom. Knowing how she tirelessly works and how much she has been threw over the years would probably make me appreciate her more.
4. What would be your dream job?
My dream job would be writing about what I love. A freelance writer would be my dream job. Able to do it anywhere and anytime of the day. Not having to dress up for work or wake up at five in the morning and not get stuck in traffic. It would be bliss.
5. Where in the world would you say is your “safe” place?
Probably inside, under a blanket with my fiancée. My personal computer is also of refugee. Playing video games makes me forget the world around me and it’s fun. I always wished I had a place where to go, like Central Perk in Friends, but I never felt at home anywhere else.
6. My mum is always full of useless information. What is your favourite useless fact that you like to share?
You would need to eat 24,000 pounds of raw salmon in one siting to get acute Mercury poisoning.
7. Have you ever been caught out and believed something that was obviously (after being laughed at) made up? If not, have you ever caught someone out? What did you tell them?
This was not funny but a colleague at work thought chemtrails were real. I work in a lab, and you would expect people with a science background to figure out why trails form while it whizzes through the sky.
8. What’s the worst gift you’ve ever received? How did you react?
I am always appreciative BUT I received a torch/laser key chain for my work secret santa. I had to react nicely, coz I was at work, but someone got scrubbers and a microfibre cloth so it could have been worse.
9. What do you find most challenging?
Probably studying and maintaining commitment to it. Hella boring especially when you have to answer questions or do curriculum activities which seem irrelevant.
Once we had a series of question to highlight the development framework that we acquired, that will eventually help us be better researchers. One of these ‘skills’ was enthusiasm, and I was like “kill me now, how does listing them even help?”.
10. Where do you keep your plastic bags? (Personal family conundrum)
Usually keep them in a large miscellaneous drawer, where we also keep our cloth shopping bags, garbage liners etc… It is best if you store them in one large bag, so they don’t keep falling every time you open the drawer. You’re welcome.
11. How do you make people feel loved?
I believe I’m quite a cold and reserved person, except with my wife to be. Spending time with her and watching her laugh is the most rewarding thing in the world. With friends I always try to make sure I’ve always have a friend in me. Spending your precious time is the most loving gift, ever.
Like me, thousands upon thousands have this inspiration and started writing about their favourite topics. I’m definitely excited to share my favourite new blogs which I encountered while doing the usual soul/inspiration searching.
And here they are:
- Connecting Dots..!!
- The Peachy King
- Megan Roylee
- How to Hustle
- Freckles & Musings
- Thoughts of Adventure
- 100 Pounds Away (a journey)
- Finding my Way (through child loss)
- Running vs Me
* If you have more than 200 followers or for some reason you don’t want to take part, please contact me. Let another fellow newbie blogger get a chance. *
Follow these rules to take part in this awesome initiative:
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated your blog. That’s me =>.<=
2. Answer all 11 questions, no crossed fingers allowed.
3. Nominate 11 other new bloggers to make their day.
4. Ask them 11 intriguing questions.
5. Let them know they were chosen and how it all works.
6. Include the link to the award in your post, and copy your blog post directly to their comments section in the link
Still confused? Phone now on 800-link
My questions to you:
- If you could go back in time, what advice would you give to yourself or your mom while you were growing up?
- If you could choose to be an element (one found in the periodic table) which one would you choose and why?
- What was your greatest ‘could have been’? Could be any kind of missed opportunity or something you still long for.
- What keeps you up at night? *no innuendo answers, please*
- If you could turn into ant man (small size), who would you spy upon and would you wrestle a cockroach for the lolz? *Yes, that’s one question*
- Have you ever heard of Malta before?
- If you were Jeff Bezos but with hair, what would you do with the money?
- What is your stance on toilet paper, ply over or under? Explain *Attention: your followers will judge you*
- Who is the most inspiring person you came across? Be it face to face, read about him or met him on the web, they all count.
- What furry animal you wish it could speak english?
- Donald Trump, Kim Jon Un, Robert Mugabe: Shag, Marry, Kill?
Awaiting your fun answers!